[Sca-cooks] Wine names

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 24 23:29:51 PDT 2002

Avraham apologized:
> Sorry... I left the smiley off my post. Too early and running too hard
> already (trying to get a VERY late event announcement submitted, my computer
> crashed 3 times).

That didn't quite sound like you. Glad to see it was a forgotten smiley.
My sympathy on the computer problem. I was up from 2am to 3am last night
trying to get our computer printer working right. I needed to get the
orthopedic surgeons who were on the Motorola approved list printed off
so my wife could make an appointment this morning.

We made a weekend trip to Laredo this past weekend. Saturday afternoon

and evening we went into Mexico. While in one of the shoe stores in
Nuevo Laredo, Alina stepped backwards off a one or two inch ledge
she didn't see. We limped back across the border and the next morning
went to the Laredo hospital. Four hours! Only about five minutes or less
with the doctor. Mostly waiting. Turns out she broke her foot. Since
she is the driver on trips, I was worried about how to handle things
if she couldn't drive. It was a four hour trip home, including
driving through San Antonio. And I've never driven the new van before.
Luckily she was able to drive with her foot bandaged in Ace bandages
and wearing a medical sandal.

Apparently you have to wait for the swelling to go down before you
can put a cast on. But no one at the hospital mentioned that. Just
said no orthopedic surgeon was available and the radiology tech
would look at the x-rays on Monday.

She now has an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon on Thursday.

They wouldn't let us take the x-rays with us. Even though they are

of her foot and we paid for them. Would have been much better to
take the x-rays with us, rather than having to take them again.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net