[Sca-cooks] (OT) Space Food Sticks

Tue Jun 25 07:09:54 PDT 2002

Oh shades of misspent youth, we used to do this in Mobile in 1966.  You take
a bottle (cans suck, you can't see the effect) of your favorite soda,
usually a cola, tear open a pack of peanuts (vending machine pack), and
coiling your thumb and forefinger around the lip of the bottle for a funnel,
you pour the peanuts into the coal.  It fizzes up real neat.  Then you drink
your cola and crunch up your peanuts right out of the bottle.  It was
supposed to give an extra kick (like aspirin in cola), but that was bull.

The "in" drink that year was Tab.  RC was the common cola of the South.
Pepsi is favored where there is a sweet-tooth.

Bear