[Sca-cooks] pronunciations

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jun 25 08:49:52 PDT 2002

At 09:20 AM 6/25/02 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>

>> Adamantius (who also never uses "ou" in words that can be spelled
>> with an "o", and who laughs raucously at SCAdians who wear
>> "armour"...)
>
>What about all the fighters over there in Drachenwald, for whom it's
>standard spelling?
>
>Margaret

Or the Canadians, of which we have many in An Tir. They don't wear a big
'C' on their foreheads, and some of them don't say 'eh' after every other
word...

My dad is from Canada. I grew up sometimes spelling with the u in the
middle and the 're' instead of 'er' on the end. No particular rhyme or
reason to which I use at any given time.

Sounds like Master A is a proponent of Teddy Roosevelt's theories on
spelling and grammar? Or is that speling and gramer? ;-D)

'Lainie
Amateur Pedant