[Sca-cooks] (OT) Space Food Sticks

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 25 09:28:02 PDT 2002

Lainie wrote:

> I actually remember most of this stuff. Like some truly atrocious dessert
> mixes. The layered jello parfait stuff that layered itself.

Yerch.

> Real Fresca.
> TAB.

Still available, fortunately for my friend Lady Lavinia who is fiercely allergic
to NutraSweet but doesn't mind Saccharine.

> Walter Cronkite.

Still breathing, doing appearances and the occasional special.

>  Evel Kneviel.

Just announced he is doing one last stunt.  I personally think it's a suicide
attempt and they shouldn't let him do it as long as suicide is illegal.

>  Percolated coffee, hearing it
> go blorp-blorp-blorp in the morning.

I got a blorper, used to be my mom's, in extra-large size for large parties.

> Laugh-in.

Trio Network, every weeknight.  It holds up surprisingly well!

www.quisp.com

> The jars of peanut butter and jelly, in stripes.

Still available.

> All salad was iceberg lettuce,
> dressing was 1000 Island, bleu cheese, French, or Italian.

Yuck, that's something I don't miss.

>  Pee-Chees that had the same pictures on them
> that our parents scribbled on when they were in school. (The tennis-player
> on the front always got it first.)

Still available.

> Grilled cheese sandwich made with
> sliced American (don't forget to take off the plastic!) on Wonder bread,
> served with a mug of Campbell's Tomato...

Still available, Jared's top comfort food.  Better still, pimento cheese!

Sneaking downstairs to watch TV, getting scared then fascinated by Star Trek in
first run

Staying up late to watch the first moon landing, toasting with milk in my Woody
Woodpecker cup [which still holds a place of honor in the good china cabinet]

A warm lunch of canned ravioli was a treat on a cold day.

My first fancy restaurant.  I was approaching the end of 6th grade, the end of
elementary school.  My father said he would take the family out to dinner Any
Place I Wanted.  I said I would think about it.  A few days later, I idly asked
Dad a speculative question, as I often still do, what did he think was the best
restaurant in L.A.?  Without thinking, he said Scandia. [No longer in business and
much lamented.]  OK, said I, that's where I want to go for my graduation dinner.
Oy, was he stuck!  But he had promised and off we went.  Fortunately, his boss's
boss was there and picked up the check when he heard what I had pulled.  Sneaky
little wench.  Yup, I had prospects in show biz alrighty!

Selene, living in the past, Caid

Selene, 59 model with cushy upholstery, fading paint job but still a classic!