[Sca-cooks] Roasting chickpeas?

Wed Jun 26 10:44:02 PDT 2002

What's the rest of the recipe?  It is a little difficult to determine
context without it.

That being said, I would suggest that this may be talking about roasting
them in the pod.  I some other recipes where vegetables are roasted in
embers, the outer layer which has been in contact with the ashes is removed
before using.  This could be done easily with chickpeas in the pod, but
might not be so easy with shelled chickpeas.

I think I would stay clear of dry chickpeas as they might burn or pop.

Bear