[Sca-cooks] (OOP) Declawing

Joan Nicholson gryphon at a-glitch.com
Thu Jun 27 09:09:44 PDT 2002

I've only done this to one of my house monsters, but it was necessary.  "The
Mush" was a terrible bully.  She was harassing every other cat in the house
for no reason. When it got to the point that she,(a butterball of a cat),was
holding the others off the feed bowls and then almost removed an eye from my
geriatric male, enough!  After declawing, she still remains a bully, but
with soft paws. The others learned to deal with her and peace, more or less,
has reigned since then.  I don't like declawing, and I would never do it to
all my cats, but there are times when it is the best solution.  Oh yes, I
regularly trim claws too, but it just wasn't sufficient for the situation.

Prydwen