[Sca-cooks] OOP-Vacation restaurants -- Ashland, OR.

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jun 27 15:29:58 PDT 2002

At 03:26 PM 6/27/02 EDT, you wrote:
>Eleanor,
>
>We will be in Las Vegas from Sunday until Sat. AM (the 6th) and then on to
>San Francisco.  We will be at the Ashland Springs Hotel on the 10th and then
>on to Portland to stay at a beach house...somewhere.  Lincoln or something
>like that maybe?

Lincoln City probably. About an hour west of Portland, on the coast. Lovely
place- great place to be this time of year. Couple tips- stay away from any
logs on the beach or in the water. We lose a couple people every year. Adn
for teh same reason, be careful not to turn your back on the water-
'Sneaker' waves are sneaky, and the Oregon Coast is known to be a hazard.

Going to build sandcastles? One of the biggest sandcastle-bulding
competitions is in Cannon Beach, just about an hour north of Lincoln City.
Someday I want to drag Da Boys- the local Hospitaller chapter- out to the
beach and see if they can replicate Krak des Chevaliers in sand. That would
be so cool...

>Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, so far!  I'll let you know if we get
>to try any of them!

And you we sure to have fun up here! I think you'll like it!

'Lainie
Oregon Travel Advisory and Welcome Wagon "Come, let me feed you brownies
and tell you why you want to stay..."