[Sca-cooks] translation of Libro di cucina/ Libro per cuoco available online

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Fri Jun 28 23:06:50 PDT 2002

Helewyse de Birkestad said:
> After about four months of work I have finally finished my rough (very
> rough in places) translation of Libro di cucina/libro per cuoco 14/15th
> Century.
>
> I have been working from the transcription posted online by Thomas
> Gloning.  Which was based on: Ludovico Frati (ed.): * Libro di cucina
> del secolo XIV. Livorno 1899.
>
> I have made it available online at
> http://www.geocities.com/helewyse/libro.html
>
> Sorry about the ads but the site is free and as I have access to it I
> can mess around with the translations and notes whenever I get the
> inspiration.

If you are looking for a better home for your translation, perhaps
after you've decided you only need to update it occasionally, I would be
willing to host it in the Florilegium as I have done for Lady Brighid.
You can see how I've handled her work in these files in the FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS
section:

Guisados1-art    (220K)  5/28/01    A translation of Ruperto de Nolaís
                                       1529 "Libre del Coch", part 1 of 2
                                       by Lady Brighid ni Chiarain.
Guisados2-art    (116K)  5/28/01    "Libre del Coch". part 2 of 2.
                                       Lenten recipes.

I don't have any ads. And if I ever do, they will be very targeted

and of interest to SCA folks.

My standard policy is that the copyright stays with the author and

I will accept, actually encourage, updates at any time. Also, I
do not insist that the work be available on in the Florilegium.

Please feel free to contact me offlist for more details.

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net