[Sca-cooks] Re: Maire's Fantasy retreat

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Sat Jun 29 12:09:54 PDT 2002

You know this is called "Utopia".  One day when I finally win the Texas lottery, I'm building it for all SCAians to live and work there.  Aurore
At 12:22 PM 6/29/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Hey! Hey! It's *all* allergen-free.  Even the cats curled up in the
>(human-unoccupied) armchairs.  Even the grass, for people like Lainie
>and Olwen.

Nifty!
I haven't played in the grass since I was 14.. The last time I did, a
friend and I had been swimming, and we got into a wrestling match over a
beach towel... Jeanie got muddy- I got welts. All over.
I love how grass smells, I just usually don't smell it...

>And costs? *snerk* It's *home,* dear....it's *free.*  Come and stay as
>long as you like....[what good's a fantasy, anyways, if it makes friends
>sneeze, and costs money, huh????]

KEWL!

>And there's *definitely* bacon, along with perfectly brewed tea and a
>lovely dark coffee blend I brought to share.

Oooh.. so if this is a fantsy, then the bacon is magic, and I can eat all I
want without my doctor yelling at me? (Hypertension sucks.) My request,
Fletcher's Thick Cut, Maple flavor...

>Besides, I thought you already were here....aren't you over in the shady
>corner with me? You keep watching the road for Edouard, who's on his
>way, and we're piecing the quilt you're making for your daughter's
>going-away-to-college present....

Oof. You would have to remind me of that. Tuesday is her 18th birthday. I'm
not handling this well.

And I miss Edouard... say- *snif*- do you have a kleenex?

>--maire, listening to the guitarist who has moved on to bach, and some
>James Taylor, and a *lot* of Pierre BenSusan, and thinking of going and
>playing frisbee-fetch with the patient old yellow dog who's been
>snoozing over by the porch railings...

Puck's here! Kewl! Maybe if I can get Mr. Picky out of the refrigerator
long enough I'll drag him over to hear Puck tell stories...

Is that a black mini-van? Can you see from where you are? If it were closer
I could tell by the sound...

'Lainie
wishing grass really were allergen free and I really could eat some bacon...