[Sca-cooks] admission..

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Mon Mar 4 19:11:21 PST 2002

> Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
> >
> > Phlip's Nightmare, a.k.a. Deadly Chickens,
> consists of undercooked,
> > possibly overcooked, or simultaneous local
> instances of both,
> > chickens.

------
At this point I am going to admit something; when
it comes to catering biggish events (ie 250 or more)
I happily allow other experts to cook things like
roasted chicken, beef and lamb for me.  With
chickens it is far cheaper than buying them
and cooking them myself - I can usually swing
roasted chickens for about $5 each,
where a frozen chicken
the same size will cost between $7-8 uncooked.

For the last Baronial Invest, the local spit roast
company cooked beef & lamb for us, for $3 per head.
(and that is $3 for both, with bain maries to heat
them in thrown in for free) The meat is cooked to
perfection and provided sliced, saving my team hours
of work in preparation and cooking.  I can give
the company spices if I want particular ones used
in the cooking process, and just sit back and let
them do the work.

There are no half-cooked or half-burned chickens
to be seen. It's great. I save money, time, effort
and eliminate risks.

Kiriel
ps. for those in the US; these are in Australian $