[Sca-cooks] splenda rosewater butter

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu Mar 7 07:00:15 PST 2002

Well, I started with about 2 and a bit quarts of heavy cream, about a
tablespoon of rosewater - middleastern not French, and added splenda to
taste - about a teaspoon. It made just about half a pound of butter that was
very mildly sweet and flowery. I went for subtle not loud - It was actually
at pennsic last year. margali

the quote starts here:
Margali said:
> How about the rosewater butter from one of the just post period cookbooks
> from Cariadoc's compendium? I cheat when I make it and add rosewater and
> finely pounded sugar [except for the batch I used liquid splenda in] and
> then blenderize the cream until it butters. It takes a bit to work the
> excess water and whey out but gives a very nice flavor if you don't overdo
> it.

So what kind of yield do you get? How much (I assume heavy cream?) do
you start with, and how much butter do you end up with?