[Sca-cooks] AlternaSweet?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Mar 14 01:00:50 PST 2002

Hi everyone!

I really thought about asking about Twinkies or something to get a rise
out of y'all- I guess everyone's sleeping off an event or something- but
I found an actual question! Yay!

Has anyone run across 'acesulfame potassium', trade name AlternaSweet?
It is apparently a non-Aspartame alternative sweetner, newly approved
for beverages. Supposedly safe- no labelling or anything. I encountered
it today in a bottle of Powerade.

I don't care if it's safe. I don't care if it has no calories. What I
care about was that it tasted VILE! Bleah! Is it any better in other
stuff? Or do I have another thing I have to look for on the label?

grump grump grump.

'Lainie