[Sca-cooks] twinkies

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:36:42 PST 2002

BTW: Olwen loved the marzipan twinkies I received. Those were oh so very
sick
and wrong. And people I showed them to loved them.

Iago

Why yes, I did love the twinkies.  I do suspect you were trying to say that
-you- also loved them.  Have you eaten them yet?  I hope so.  The filling
was made with white chocolate, cocoabutter and chopped, shredded coconut.
Coconut was also chopped and toasted for the outer covering.

Speaking of marzipan, the Restaurant Depot has begun carrying a new brand of
almond paste.  I am not at all happy with it.  We were playing with a small
(one pound/one pound ratio) and had to keep adding more and more paste.  It
does not have the desired texture nor the correct feel.  I shall be down
there having a serious talk to the manager.  In the mean while I shall have
to make due with this mess for a couple of orders I have and a gag on one of
you.  We did sit around the table after dinner the other night making silly
things with it just to try out the texture of the mixture.  I made a great
skull that Hans promptly picked up and started spouting poetry to.
Olwen

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar