[Sca-cooks] clotted cream

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Mar 18 09:28:50 PST 2002

I have inadvertantly made a container of it by leaving a container of full
cream in the fridge with the top sealed and unopened, and it thickened
naturally without spoiling or fermenting. I should probably make it
deliberately sometime ;-)

margali
first I want my well pump to work so we have real modern plumbing in the
house again!!!

the quote starts here:
Technically, Devon Cream is simply cream from the shire of Devon in
south-western England, which is wonderful stuff, very high in butterfat
and makes clotted cream easily.  Clotted cream is fresh cream left to
warm gently all day, the firmer bit floating on top by tea-time is
skimmed off and served with scones and jam.