[Sca-cooks] Brazilwood

Smith, Judith JLSmith at SCDAH.STATE.SC.US
Wed Mar 20 07:24:39 PST 2002

Hi all,
I have a question about the use of Brazilwood. A friend of mine's husband is
a botanist at the University of South Carolina, he gave me a large bag of
brazilwood shavings. I think I can use these for dyeing, but don't know what
kind of proportions work best and if a mordant should be used-also is it
edible. I noted this part of my question being asked by someone else too.
I am still looking for turnsole-anyone know of a source?
Judith