[Sca-cooks] List Etiquette?

Giovanna Lamberti giolamb at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 09:22:59 PST 2002

Coming out of delurk mode to ask a question about this list.  I'm noticing
more and more that folks are not deleting or snipping an original post to
which they are replying to and are sending massive amounts of unneeded text.
Just today, I received three digests where someone forgot to delete the
original message, thus sending me the ENTIRE digest again.  I don't have
unlimited mailbox space, and this is a wast of bandwith, IMO.  It also
prevents me from getting other messages if the mailbox is full due to
unnecessary lengths of non-deleted posts.

On every list that I own, moderate or belong to, the standard list protocol
courtesy is that a person shorten the original reply by cutting/pasting
[snipping] *only* the relevant portion they are responding to, and NOT leave
the entire original message or digest.

Does this courtesy etiquette apply to this list?  If not, why?

Giovanna