[SCA-cooks] Tableware

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 29 08:19:22 PST 2002

Bear said:

> There is a certain (often mistaken) assumption that gentleman have learned
> to carve properly as part of their life experience.  Perhaps we should
> require it as one of the skills of knighthood.

Correct on the training.  In my family, I am often asked to carve birds,
because my years as a biologist and all the training in dissections means I
can do it cleanly and thoroughly.

It does surprise guests who expect one of the "men of the house" to be
asked, but in my family we go for skill level, not gender.

                                                    ---= Morgan