[Sca-cooks] Tea

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 13:56:29 PST 2002

In addition to what has been said before...
All true tea comes from Camellia sinensis and its
varietals.
White tea (and yellow tea) is made from the tiny leaf
bud, or silvertips and are not oxidized at all but
lightly air or steam dried.
Many teas are combinations of blacks(reds) with other
blacks or even greens for their flavor
characteristics.
Pu-erhs are a dark black tea, fairly unique to China.
It is intentionally aged, sometimes as long as 50
years and a friendly bacteria is added.  In some
circles it is said to have penicillin like properties,
but it is definitely a cholesterol cutter and
digestive aid.

Alessandra
(Again thanks to Chef Bob, keeper of the brain)

http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/tea-msg.html
> --
> THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad
> Kingdom of Ansteorra
>    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas
> stefan at texas.net
> **** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
> http://www.florilegium.org ****

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)