[Sca-cooks] Re: Irish Stew recipe

Mór Dhàna mor at email.com
Fri Mar 1 16:17:35 PST 2002

I'm just beginning in this redaction thing, but in my experience if you have an idea of the history, then you can "flub" a recipe.  Irish cooks would put into a pot what was handy. Most didn't use recipes so none were written down.  For good modern irish stew I would recommend the Frugal Gourmets immigrant ancestor cookbook. The irish, scottish, and welsh sections are very good.  And if you use period vegetables and meats, it's a pretty good bet that an irish housewife did it, too.
--

Mór Dhàna
Shire of Vakkerfjell