[Sca-cooks] Steak (was Big Eggs)

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Mar 1 17:05:39 PST 2002

> > He used to describe his preferred steak as "slap it on the *ss
> > and chase it through the kitchen".
>
> A friend of mine once told a waitress to take the cow into the shade and
> introduce it to the concept of fire, and then bring it to him.
>
> Brangwayna Morgan

My late grandfather would say "If it don't moo when you stick it, it's
well-done."

And now, I am blessed with menfolk who panic if the inside of their steak
is even the slightest bit pink. One of them is the same man who insists
that if you leave the butter out for more than about fifteen minutes it
will "go bad" and blanches when I trim a spot of mold off the parmesan
cheese rind. [shakes head]

Margaret