[Sca-cooks] Food rant...

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Mon Mar 4 11:36:34 PST 2002

> ::Scratching my head:: How do you make lowfat butter? Isn't that lowfat fat?

The stuff I've seen marked as "lowfat butter" is whipped butter,
intended for use as spread on toast and stuff.  It's basically regular
butter, with much air beaten into it so it increases in volume.  You
can't use it for baking, because it obviously doesn't measure
appropriately.  That is, one cup measured would be, say, 3/4 cup melted.

It's useful if you use butter often as a breadspread, and you just
randomly dip your knife in and spread it.  It's purely a psychological
thing, though.

-Magdalena