[Sca-cooks] Blood Oranges was Supper Tonight

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 13:47:02 PST 2002

I don't know if anyone is interested but there is a
company called Harvest Sensations which is available
on line and carries a number of unusual specialty
fruits and vegetables, the blood oranges made me think
about it...and they'll fast ship to you.  They also
have a large line of organic lettuces etc.  It's nice
to know when you live in the middle of the desert, I
can still get California produce.

Alessandra
--- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I love salmon, and either of these ideas sounds
> great.  However, I do want
> to try something with salmon.  I've seen a
> commercial on TV for Turning Leaf
> wines where the guy does a salmon dish using blood
> orange juice...it looks
> intriguing, and I'd love to figure out how it's
> done.  I found some blood
> oranges at a store in Charlottesville, VA and can
> now give it a whirl.
>
> This store is called Food of all Nations, and has
> some ABSOLUTELY fabulous
> stuff.  It's the first time in this area that I've
> been able to find Seville
> oranges...not juice or anything else, but the real
> thing.  I can't wait to
> try a period recipe that calls for oranges!  I also
> found those oranges that
> I had mentioned some time back when we were talking
> about oranges...the
> canned "MaMade" seville oranges.  They are actually
> for use in making
> marmalade, but I wanted to try them out to see if
> they would work for other
> things.  I'll let you all know what turns up.
>
> Kiri

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)