[Sca-cooks] Food rant- OT OOP

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Mon Mar 4 15:45:14 PST 2002

> > Store brand/off brand? They have them at Safeway around here. Did you
> > trip an employee and ask? (It works- I do it all the time!)
>
>I find it works best finding the department manager,

Well, I did find what I was looking for, without needing to ask.  But the
thing is, the ratio "plain" to seasonned is really off...

As for asking, I usualy dont' mind too much, but it grows tiring to always
have to ask...  That's one place where being in the chair grows old, is
that you end up having to ask here and there and everywhere...  Sooo often,
if I can do without asking, that's what I do :-)

>Every thought about making your own[yogurt]? The hardest part is getting a
>decent
>starter of real yougurt (I use Nancy's, that 'Lainie mentioned). I'm not sure
>if the culture of non-fat and low-fat yougurts is the same culture as all
>yougurts.

You can do some decent yogurt with the plain low fat stuff they
sell.  after two or three batches using part of the batch you made as a
starter, you get good results.

>I have a difficult time understanding why they even put _sugar_ in the
>yougurt.
>It's yougurt, not melted ice cream.

Ha!  That's part of why I am not currently making my own.  I just want some
of the pre-mixed, sweetened stuff.  When I was living in Greece, we had
some really wonderful yogurt, plain, on which we'd use some really dark
honey.  It was very good.  But that's not what I want just now...  :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka