[Sca-cooks] Full Fat Yogurt and Butter

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at admin.is.cornell.edu
Tue Mar 5 06:43:23 PST 2002

>The Brown Cow in California and the Brown Cow Farm in Newfield NY do
>not appear to be related. And apparently the California company sells
>its product in New York, though...
>
>They don't slap a label on a generic container; they have their own
>containers with their brown cow imprinted on it.

      They haven't done that for years; I was trying (not too successfully) to say how long they'd been around.  That was in the mid-70s.  They have color-printed flexible plastic containers now.  After checking the website, I wondered if there were two companies, as the picture doesn't look like the ones I remember.  I'll try to remember to check the next time I'm shopping.

>I've never had the Newfield NY stuff. Do they have non-homogenized
>cream-on-top yogurt, too?

     Yup.  They call it yoghurt cream.  I wonder - could they have closed up shop here and moved to Calfornia?

>Anahita

Sandra Kisner
sjk3 at cornell.edu