[Sca-cooks] Imaginary list was Re: Irish Stew recipe

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 01:36:08 PST 2002

--- Cindy <crma at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I'm in the West.  The deciding consideration for us
> though
> is the age of our children.  Right now they are
> youngish (6 & 4)
> and we are new to the SCA so we figure it will be a
> couple
> of years before we try Pennsic.  They don't travel
> well for
> long periods of time right now.

I can understand your concern. Give Stefan about a
day, and he'll direct you to his files on children in
SCA, and Pennsic camping ;-)

When you do think they're old enough that all of you
would survive the trip, Pennsic is a fairly good place
for kids. If you sponsor a broke college kid as a
(part-time) nanny, or work out a deal with another
couple with kids, you can actually have time to
yourselves, too, without a whole lot of expense. I
know several kids raised in SCA and Pennsic- been
enjoying watching some of them grow up, over the
years.

Arternatively, suckeri... , I mean, blessing grandma
and grandpa with them for a week, might give you a
chance to check Pennsic out, and get an idea of what
you'd have to deal with when you bring them ;-)

> Cindy Ferguson
> crma at ix.netcom.com

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,