[Sca-cooks] <grins wickedly> I've an idea!!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Mar 6 05:46:15 PST 2002

Also sprach Vladimir Armbruster:
>--
>On the subject of cookbooks in foreign languages, that are available
>on the web.
>
>Has anyone thought of using the bablefish to translate these?  For
>us mono-linguistical types.
>
>http://babelfish.altavista.com/
>
><Now hungrily devouring the German web pages on the Hanseatic League>

I've given them a try. The problem is the concrete shoes will to the
underfed mongrel try was for sockhop ~gebornen~ to make by.

To put it in layman's terms, anyway...

Actually, I've used them, and if you understand their limitations and
compensate, they're okay. Lieutenant Hoshi, they're not. If you're
dealing with anything even remotely archaic, a word which is 99%
congruent with a modern term, but not 100% congruent, will tend to
throw them for a loop. For cooks the problem is compounded by the
fact that we use a fair amount of non-standard terminology that is
fairly low on the list of the programmers' and linguists' priorities.

Adamantius