[Sca-cooks] <grins wickedly> I've an idea!!

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 6 07:14:42 PST 2002

On 6 Mar 2002, at 8:34, Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> Part of the problem is translation programs are written to translate
> "standardised" modern language.

And even then, they can make big goofs.   A few weeks back, I
sent a personal translation request to a library listserv I'm on.  I
needed a English-Portuguese translation.  I got one promptly, via
personal email, from a professor of Romance Languages.  Shortly
thereafter, a librarian who had not seen any replies, tried to be
helpful by running my text through Babelfish.  The professor looked
it over, and gently commented on the humorous errors the
Babelfish had introduced.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net