[Sca-cooks] rabbit eggs

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Mar 6 21:51:15 PST 2002

Huette replied to me with:
> --- "Mark.S Harris" <mark.s.harris at motorola.com>
> wrote:
> > Phlip commented:
> > > Sigh. Margali, think we're gonna have a BIG garden
> > > this year......Wonder if I can find some real aggs
> > and
> > > milk anywhere nearby- not into messing with
> > chickens
> > > and a cow or a goat.....Rabbits, now.....
> >
> > I don't know, Phlip. You say you want real eggs and
> > milk. But somehow I think getting those from rabbits
> > is going to be a bit difficult...
> >
> > Stefan li Rous
> > Just a city boy though...
>
> But Stefan!  What about the Easter Bunny?  I have been
> getting real eggs from the Easter Bunny for years.

Ah, yess. But that doesn't say the eggs came from the Easter
Bunny originally. Only that he had them in his (her?) possession.
That bunny may have purloined them from somewhere else, such as
a chicken. Chickens not being terribly bright, anyway. Afterall
April, at least in the United States, is the time of taxes and
tax refund checks. When you get your money back from the government,
are you saying that that is the government's money that you are
getting?
:-)

Stefan

PS: In a grocery store that markets to the Hispanic community
in town, Fiesta, I found lots of interesting stuff. Including
two different varieties/brands of the sugar cones we've talked
about, sugar cane both fresh and canned (!) and frozen rabbit.

I now have a frozen rabbit and will be looking up period recipes
to select one to try with it. I might also buy some of that raw
sugar cane and see just what it takes to get sugar from it.

The rabbit was $2.49 a pound. Maybe not too bad for a feast item.
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net