[Sca-cooks] OT - Big news!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Mar 7 05:49:28 PST 2002

Vicente,

Many congratulations to you and to your lady, but I don't see how
buns in the oven are off-topic for this list.

I can see it now... Mom and baby resting and recovering from the
birth in the hospital (assumed but not necessarily accurate
scenario)... Daddy looking tired and dazed, being kicked out of the
hospital after a while, going off to buy baby's first cook book.

You just met him/her. What cuisine? Does (s)he like Thai or Classical
French? Oh, no, not eclectic! It's too much fun, and too messy,
finger-painting the plates and squirting the sauces out of those
little squeeze bottles.

I'm not sure if they make 2-inch Dicks for babies... Thank heavens
those non-woven toques are adjustable! (My kid wears one while making
pancakes and such... and I think they sell baby chef clothes on the
Happy Chef website.)

BTW, I'm kidding, but only slightly. My oldest brother went out on
the morning his son was born, looking in vain for a particular
crystal radio kit. The man in the store didn't have the one Steve
wanted, and volunteered to order it. Steve seemed a little impatient
over this, and the owner asked how old David (the son) was, and when
Steve told him, "Oh, around four hours...," the man said he expected
they could afford to wait a week.

Fathers do these things sometimes.

I'm not sure how the crystal radio kit worked, but Dave did end up
selling computers out of his parents' garage, and he recently sold
his ISP business for something like $8 million...

But you know, he can't cook for bleep.

Adamantius