[Sca-cooks] marzipan in cookies

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 16:43:26 PST 2002

--- Marilyn Traber <marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com>
wrote:
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail
> reader does not understand
> this format, some or all of this message may not be
> legible.
> --
> --
> Its actually me now ;-)
>
> I think it is marchpanes - are they baked on
> oblaten? I was under the
> impression there was a cookie/biscuit with a sort of
> shortbread base and
> marzipan on top, but it has been a while since it
> was discussed onlist.
>
> Does anybody have that oblaten source? I have some
> commercial marzipan and
> rosewater....
>
> margali

I don't, but you can substitute communion wafers for
oblaten if you don't think it too sacrilegious.  I
don't, 'coz I feel they are just wafers until they are
blessed.  The only difference between oblaten and
communion wafers is the decoration on the communion
wafers.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.