[Sca-cooks] Dried meat in period?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Mar 7 16:46:49 PST 2002

Randy Goldberg MD wrote:

> > Still painful. Selling books is like selling a kid. (Sometimes selling a
> > kid seems easier!)
>
> The only books I've ever SOLD are ones that were so awful it was sell 'em or
> toss 'em. Any book I liked well enough to consider reading again, but needed
> to get rid of (usually for space reasons), got GIVEN away - to a good home,
> or at worst, a library.

I quite agree. In my situation however, it was clear I would likely
never return to the field, I was desperately broke, and my son's
birthday was coming up. 12? I forget. I seem to remember he got a
computer game, some video rentals, and a belly full of pizza and root
beer. Not a bad trade.

I sold back a couple of wretched history texts, my genetics text (boring
as the Congressional Record) my physics text, etc. usually about 10-15
cents on the dollar. What a scam.

But I kept thousands of dollars worth of books...

'Lainie
'I don't have a book problem- I have a shelving problem!'