[Sca-cooks] Marzipan variations

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Mar 8 06:45:29 PST 2002

Sure.  Here goes:

Almond Pound Cake

Ingredients:
1 roll pure almond paste (7. oz.), chopped into *small* pieces
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter [I assume softened--m]
0.5 cup milk
1 t. baking powder
2 cups sifted flour

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 325 (farenheit).  Grease and flour wo 8"x4" loaf pans.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, comgin the almond paste, sugar, and
butter.  Using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until fluffy.  Add
eggs individually.  Mix.  Add flour and baking powder [I'm assuming you
mix the two together first, but the instructions don't say--m]
alternately with the milk.  Mix together well until mixture is smooth.
Pour into loaf pans, filling each one two-thirds full.  Bake for 50
minutes or until the cake is golden brown and springs bak to the touch.
A bundt pan can also be used for baking, but it needs 60 minutes in the
oven.
Package notes that additional recipes can be found at:
www.andreprost.com

Haven't tried this out (yet--<g>), so I can't vouch for it, but it sure
*sounds* yummy.
--Maire