[Sca-cooks] Gunther and the bis

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Mar 8 07:11:13 PST 2002

"Bye" fights are done in tourneys in which there are an unequal number
of competitors in any given round--when everyone pairs up, and there's a
leftover individual, that individual is said to "fight a bye," often
with someone like Papa, who has a certain level of skill.  Byes are (in
my experience) "non-destructive," meaning that whether you win or lose
has no effect on your standing in the tourney results.  Bye fights are
used to ensure that everyone progressing to the next round of the
tourney has (more-or-less) the same level of fatigue, etc., etc.
Mind you, I sure could be wrong, as I'm not an armored combatant of any
stripe, but this is one artisan's understanding of it....
--Maire