[Sca-cooks] MK cooks

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Fri Mar 8 14:48:12 PST 2002

Avraham said:
I basically
said that *I* wouldn't do it that way, if I were in charge. If I'm going to
autocrat a kitchen (I detest the neologism "feast-o-crat"), it's going to be
with documented recipes; technique/technology short cuts are fine (I'm not
about to try to feed 60-80 people cooking over a wood fire), but the
ingredients and recipes will be as authentic as I can contrive.
--------

"autocrat" is not much better than "feastocrat". Both cause me to
think "yuck". This list has discussed various alternatives that
may work. There seems to be nothing that fits exactly. I happen
to like "headcook" the best. Imperfect as these choices are,
they are at least real period titles for a similar position, unlike
"autocrat" or "feastocrat".

>Do I make any sense at all?

Yep. So, when did they convince you to do a feast for them?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net