[Sca-cooks] Sugar plate and mastic? (was: New and Kewl Kitchen Acquisitions)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Mar 10 15:57:51 PST 2002

Holy cr at p, you're right....how very embarassing.....*maire blushes in
shame*....the stuff I was looking to buy was gum
tragacanth.....*sigh*.....
When I saw gum mastic on the order form, and sorta recognized it, my
_obviously_ faulty memory must have been picking up on the times I'd
seen it in the Miscellany or something....
Oh, well, it was a nifty order anyways.....I'm _definitely_ going to
play with the saunders, although, somehow, I'd always pictured it more
pinkish/reddish, and this stuff is almost terracotta colored.....
Thanks for bringing it to my attention....it really WOULD have been
odd-tasting sugar plate <g>
--Maire