[Sca-cooks] Dissolving Saunders

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Mar 17 22:31:08 PST 2002

Perhaps it's just that I've never seen the saunders version of
sandalwood before now, just the stuff that's used in incense and
whatnot.  Of the latter, I've seen two different shades, one a distinct
yellow, and one almost pinkish-red.  Next to them, my saunders looks
distinctly orange.  Guess I was expecting something more ruddy, from the
descriptions.
It's definitely got a different smell, though, which I found
fascinating. Not at all like the other kinds of sandalwood.
It'll be fun experimenting with it....Anyone got some favored recipes
that have saunders as an ingredient?
--Maire