[Sca-cooks] Re: Dissolving Saunder

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 06:04:06 PST 2002

>Greetings.  IIRC, Cindy Renfrow showed us how to dissolve the
>powdered saunders at the Cooks' Symposium in Colorado Springs.  She
>took some lard, melted it in a pot, added the powdered saunders and
>stirred.  It mixed beautifully and was a beautiful red.  Try that??
>
>Alys Katharine

I didn't try that although I have used enough in marzipan to know how well
it dissolves in that.  I have also noticed that it spreads evenly only after
the marzipan is warmed up from working it so apparently the heat factors in
the process.

Olwen who has that nasty new almond paste that does not take dye well.