[Sca-cooks] Need help with a recipe- quail

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Mon Mar 18 15:33:51 PST 2002

Phlip replied to me with:
-------------
> I'm not sure how *I* would do this. Try
> to pick teeny, tiny shreads of meat off of tiny
> bones? Pick up the
> entire carcase and gnaw on it? Try to break apart
> the carcass with
> the fork and knife and then try to pick off enough
> meat to eat?

Well, looks like a project for Pennsic, doesn't it
Stefan. Stuufed with disguised carrots and zucchini
maybe? ;-)
-------------

Yuck. No, I don't think that would be a good stuffing.
I think a wild rice and mushroom, especially wild
mushrooms with a good strong sauce would be nice. I still
think using boned birdies would be best but maybe you can
just pick through the bones and other bits.

Anne later said in another message:
----------------
Thanks! I'd never gotten as far as looking - it was just a sort of
"Hmmm, that might be interesting, wonder what it would be like?" I don't
eat much meat, so that's not where I tend to try totally new things,
but... they're sitting right there... this discussion may tip the balance.

Well, since I think you mentioned you could get squab as well, perhaps this
recipe found in this file in the Florilegium might tip things towards
you trying this. Afterall, now you have the excuse that it is a period
recipe and you really want to try those...