[Sca-cooks] Fighter nutrition, was Left=hand sugar

Edouard de Bruyerecourt bruyere at mind.net
Tue Mar 19 01:05:34 PST 2002

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> >From what I have seen, the fighters who: A- eat well off the field as a
> regular thing, and/or B- carbo-load the day before; will do better than
> the guys who eat like college students all week, and then expect a
> protein-laden day-board to 'make them feel good'. At best they won't
> notice any difference- less than best they'll feel sluggish and laden.
> Or off the field with helmet off, worshipping the bushes...

I'm starting to think of it in an the analogy of a long car trip, but
you can only get ten gallons a day, even though you have a fifteen
gallon tank. Carbo-loading would be cutting back on your driving for the
three days before so as not to run the tank too empty, as well as
filling up before you left, driving until the needle got low, and
looking for a station to refill. 'SCA-typical' at least for the
non-athlete fighter, would be not bothering to stop for gas on the way
out of town but taking the time to buy a case of 'emergency fuel' cans,
driving until the car runs out, and then throwing in a can or two of
'emergency fuel' until you run out again. Then another can or two.....

> 'Lainie
> -cranky again- who ordered this rain?! I didn't order any rain! And no,
> I don't want any Twisty-Bread...

Hey, I got _snow_! :)

Edouard
Who just took a propane firefighting class and has nifty bits of trivia
about dimethymethane.