[Sca-cooks] OOP: Stove info wanted

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 19 14:20:11 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten about that.  My parents have the cooktop separate
from the ovens, but they're both electric.  It would be a wonderful option
if I were redoing the whole kitchen!  I'll have to check more carefully; the
little I've checked so far (brochures from one store) have only all-in-one
units, all one power source.  Though there are actually a couple that still
manage to fit in two ovens, or a regular oven and a convection oven (outside
my budget).

I thought I remembered seeing one brand that allowed you to have a gas top
and electric stove.  I could be mistaken.

     The stove is against what was once an outside wall, but since then a
garage has been added.  Is the vent in the wall, or the ceiling?  It seems
like it would be an area of terrible heat loss (and I have enough trouble
keeping my house warm).

Ours is vented out through the wall...there is a hood directly over the
stove that contains the fan, and there is a flu from there to the outside.
We haven't noticed any heat loss as the newer ones have flaps that close
when the fan is not in use.  And yes, you'd probably want to have
professional help with that, if possible.

Kiri