[Sca-cooks] OOP: Stove info wanted

Randy Goldberg MD goldberg at bestweb.net
Tue Mar 19 15:38:14 PST 2002

****
     This is the kind of thing I would never have thought of by myself,
and why the list can prove so helpful.  I haven't done much looking yet,
but I think all the gas stoves I've read about have electronic ignition,
so no jerky on the pilot.  :-(   Does an electronic ignition mean that
the burners won't light if the power is off?  Could I use an old
bunsen-burner lighter (or a match)?
****

You'll be able to start the gas flow, you just won't be able to get it
to catch. A bunsen burner lighter or match will work just fine.
Electronic ignitions are much safer - no pilot to blow out and leak gas.

Avraham