[Sca-cooks] Simmering on a gas range

Mary Denise Smith costumemag at costumemag.com
Tue Mar 19 18:33:08 PST 2002

May I suggest that the stove's burners need cleaning/tuning, and/or that
the knobs need cleaning? On my @1960s range, I have one burner that is
perfect for making rice in my cast iron/enamel pans. I'd never cook rice
in a thin pan like Revere ware, or put it on the other small burner. The
control knob doesn't know the meaning of the word "low". It's real
gunky, and if I weren't so bone lazy, I'd dismantle it and clean it.

I have a couple iron rings that my Sweetie the blacksmith made me, for
raising pots above the flame. Same principle as a FlameTamer.

MD/Marged