[Sca-cooks] Vatel

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Mar 20 08:16:10 PST 2002

Also sprach Philippa Alderton:
>--- Marilyn Traber <marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com>
>wrote:
>
>>  Hey Phlip - how about I set up the VCR for it just
>>  in case I don't make it
>>  home in time to watch it for real?
>
>Sounds good to me ;-) I didn't know you could get
>Showtime, or I'd have suggested it. We can make a
>party of it, like we do with other sources of
>Historical (mis) information, and see how many
>anachronisms we can catch ;-)

Apart from the fact that the story is expanded (mostly) from a very
sketchy historical account (one which has been posted to this list
before, in fact), you won't find many anachronisms, unless they're
costume-related.

My favorite line goes something like, "I do not recruit my
kitchen-boys from His Highness's budoir; I only ask the same courtesy
in return."

Adamantius