[Sca-cooks] Vatel....on Cable/Satellite

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 20 08:19:38 PST 2002

Anahita writes:  Anyway, it's a flawed movie but, in my opinion, absolutely worth
watching.

I'd be mightily impressed if you could name an unflawed movie!  Yah, they played
a bit with historical fact, but it was miles better than "Braveheart" or a dozen
other "historical" epics I could name.

> I'm just glad that i only have to cook one or two feasts a year and
> the King of the West is not like the King of France :-)
>
> The scenes in which Vatel is selecting ingredients, the minions are
> cooking, and then Vatel is arranging the food - what can i say, i got
> nervous for him :-)

Me too!  Watch this one with other SCA cooks for extra fun.  Mystery Science
Theater 1600, anybody?

Selene, Caid, who is going to go shop for fish this afternoon co-incidentally...