[Sca-cooks] gas grills and marshmallows and CDs

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Mar 20 16:16:07 PST 2002

Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> --
> Has anyone tried to melt a CD in the microwave?

Melt? No- but my daughter puts CDs in for a couple of seconds to craze
them. Thy're rather pretty, and make great coasters, especially if you
glue felt over the advert side.

There's a neighbor across the street from Dad's house that has CDs tied
to the fence and in their trees- it's supposed to keep the deer away. I
don't know if the lil' darlins are afraid enough of CDs to stay out of a
tasty garden, but I rather like Edouard's idea of getting lion scat from
the Safari and scattering that in the yard... ;-D)

"Hey Bambi! That garden over there looks good!"
"Uh-uh! That smells like a bad neighborhood! Smells like cats!"
"Who's afraid of a cat? I'm not!"
"It smells like cats big enough to floss their teeth with my antlers!"

'Lainie