[Sca-cooks] Matzoh flavors

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Thu Mar 21 19:15:50 PST 2002

Man! If you have to ask the question you have no idea!!!! <laughing>
(My father won't even allow non-dairy margarine on baked potatoes served at a
meat meal in his home.  He says it looks too much like the real thing.)  I'm
telling you, logic has nothing to do with religion!!
Phillipa

Oh yes, speaking of religious logic.... I was going to share this wonderful
story:
My mother in law, a lovely lady of 86 grew up in an orthodox home.
Everything was STRICTLY kosher 100% of the time.  Come Easter/Passover my
m-i-l's father, who was a grocer would bring home one large chocolate covered
coconut Easter egg.  They would wrap it securely in several sheets of
newspaper and "hide" it under one of the beds.  Other than that, Passover
preparations & celebrations took center stage.

My m-i-l tells me that as soon as she and her siblings saw 3 stars on the
eighth night (signaling the end of the holiday) one of the kids would race
for the egg under the bed and they would lay it out on the kitchen table and
have at it.

Needless to say, I was somewhat shocked when I heard this story as all the
other stories were strictly kosher if you know what I mean.