[Sca-cooks] Matzoh flavors

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Mar 22 08:27:40 PST 2002

The word "shmurah" means guarded.  From the verb "Lesh-mor"  (sorry looks
stupid in english letters) to guard.

Amongst really orthodox religious Jews they want to be absolutly certain that
the matzoh is made EXACTLY according to law so they "gaurd" that is to say,
watch very closely how the whole process is going along so that no mistakes
are made.  And these matzot are made by hand by  practicing Orthodox Jews who
would really really care that it was done right.
Some Jews would not go to this extreme trouble, but some do.  I always say,
'to each their own'.
Phillipa