[Sca-cooks] dyestuff toxicity?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 22 09:42:31 PST 2002

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Also sprach Harris Mark.S-rsve60:
> >  > > Do you drink Snappel? Yes! Then you eat them.
> >>
> >>  Then bug juice is quite good
> >
> >Yep. I think it is their far-right-wing spokesperson,
> >Rush Limbaugh, that makes me gag... rather than the
> >use of bug parts or the taste. :-)
> >
> >I don't buy Snapple for that reason...
> >
> >Stefan
>
> My god! That <you have no idea how many unprintable, obscene terms
> I've erased from this spot> is Snapple's spokesperson? I had no idea!
> I don't often drink the stuff, but my son likes the mango. Looks like
> we're going to have to find an alternative...
>
> Adamantius

Not so fast.  Snapple, founded by three Jewish guys from Brooklyn, chose
Limbaugh over 10 years ago because of his ratings rather than his
politics.  That association ended in 1994.  They have publicly denied any
support of "the KKK, Operation Rescue or any other type of pressure group
or organization, period,"

http://www.snopes2.com/business/alliance/snapple.htm

Always check Snopes when you hear a rumour like this one.  Believe me --
gossip is my business!

Selene, Caid