[Sca-cooks] vatel

Randy Goldberg MD goldberg at bestweb.net
Fri Mar 22 17:38:46 PST 2002

> ><grin> Several, as you might expect, being an Ostgardrian. The next
> >LOCAL event is The Riding of the Marches in May (I'll be crying the
> >field and the feast that day). I dunno what's going on in the area
> >between now and then - I suspect I may not do any events in April -
> >Chris and I need a break.
>
> Avraham what do mean you will be crying the feast that day?

I'll be serving as Herald for the feast (yes, I do both). Northpass's
experience is that no one reads menus; if the herald doesn't announce
the dishes in the courses, no on knows what they are. I'm not working
the kitchen because we invited an outside Head Cook to helm the kitchen,
and he's bringing his own staff, I'm told. I'll be Assistant Chief Cook
for the next John Barleycorn event in September, if it's not Rosh
Hashanah weekend.

Avraham