Weekend (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Sausages)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 25 16:30:09 PST 2002

On 25 Mar 2002, at 19:05, Mike Macchione wrote:

> Of course she fails to mention that one of the pieces of court
> business was when she was called into court and inducted into the
> Order of the Troubador (the East Kingdom award for Bardic Arts).
>
> Congratulations Brighid,
>
> Kael

Thank you.  I didn't mention it because it wasn't food-related...
Although I did get a lovely silver cup (emblem of the Order) in
addition to a really magnificent illuminated scroll.  I had not been
expecting this at all, and was truly puzzled when I was called into
court.  And then I proceded to entertain the populace by losing my
balance when I stood up, and falling splat on my derriere.  The next
thing I knew, His Majesty was jumping off the dais and helping me
up.  (The man is *fast*.  I guess that's why he's wearing the crown.)
Not my most graceful moment.  Oh, well.  Stuff happens.  I waved
the scroll at the crowd as I made my way back to my seat and
announced, "I didn't get it for dancing..."

I eventually figured out that it was much later than I thought, and
my blood sugar was low and making me light-headed.  (Note to
self: bring snacks to events.)

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net